[ Left Dominik in To to help him follow this thread, fixed text typos ]

Hello Dominik, hello all,

> Dominik Seichter via Podofo-users has written on 26 January 2018 at 17:37:
>

> Hi Mattia,
>
> Thanks for the good summary! Let me comment on the open issues.
>
> Unfixed security issues:
... snip ...

> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-8053
> -> Please see proposed patch in attachment. Can somebody test/review?

In line 13 of the patch, there are typos, it should be "already visited",
line 14 doesn't really fit (which object?), and in general, shouldn't
there be a maximum recursion depth which is checked for, to prevent a
stack overflow? AFAICS there is no standard function/method to check
available stack space ;-( ...

> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-8054
> -> This was fixed by zyx in revision: 1872. I have a test PDF
>    for this and cannot reproduce this issue anymore.

The fix was provided by Matthias Brinke <podofo-sec-cont...@mailbox.org>
(stands for "PoDoFo security contributor", I'm a friend of his) on the
Debian Bug Tracking System: https://bugs.debian.org/860995

> Plus this one without CVE that was reported in this ML:
> https://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2017/02/01/podofo-null-pointer-dereference-in-pdfinfoguessformat-pdfinfo-cpp/

This is *not* fixed yet. I also don't understand why it didn't get
a CVE entry.

> (CVE-2017-8054 had a tentative patch)
> -> Seems same as above and seems fixed.

The CVE, yes, contrary to the other one without a CVE entry.

> A threading problem:
>  https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/mailman/message/35915862/
> -> There is no need to make the matrix for XObjects static, so I made
>    it a normal member. Same for s_procset in PdfCanvas. So should be
>    fixed with my last commit.

As you said in your next e-mail to the ML the double-checked locking pattern
isn't fixed yet: https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/mailman/message/36205920/

> A copyright issue:
>  https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/mailman/message/35633858/
> -> We still do not have a fix for this.

I recommend libunistring2 to fix it, but haven't used it yet.

Peter Linnell has said something like that, yes (2.5 months ago on this ML):
https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/mailman/message/36112914/

> Best regards,
>  Dominik

Best regards, mabri

> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:25 PM, Mattia Rizzolo <mat...@mapreri.org> wrote:
>
> > [ explicitly put Dominik in To, as I'm unsure how much he follows the
> >  ML himself… ]
> >
> >  On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 08:48:05PM +0100, Dominik Seichter via
> > Podofo-users wrote:
> > > The last version of PoDoFo was released almost a year ago on February 2nd
> > > 2017. I have seen many patches on the mailing list and also many commits
> > > SVN over the last year. So, I think it is time for a new PoDoFo release
> > > 0.9.6.
> > >
> > > As there might have been patches, which either Zyx or I have missing, I
> > > would suggest the following release time line.
> >
> >  In December there was a similar email to this going on, asking about a
> >  new release.  It was pointed out that there are still known unfixed CVEs
> >  and other important issues.
> >  See https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/mailman/message/36151169/

... snip ...