On Sun, 2018-07-29 at 19:45 +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> anybody? :)
> > |-class PdfXRefStreamParserObject : public PdfParserObject {
> > |+class PODOFO_API PdfXRefStreamParserObject : public PdfParserObject {
> > | public:
> > |
> > |     /** Parse the object data from the given file handle starting at
> >

> > But then I ask, is that class meant to be part of the public API?
> > Otherwise, something else should be done to allow its linkage even with
> > -fvisibility=hidden.

        Hi,
I'm afraid nobody has a definite answer for your question, otherwise
they'd already answer it, though, from my point of view, anything what
is in public header(s) should be marked with either PODOFO_API or
PODOFO_DOC_API, thus there are more "affected" classes, namely (from
those I briefly grepped for): PdfHintStream, PdfFontType1Base14,
PdfFontType1, PdfFontTrueType, PdfFontSimple, PdfXRefStream, PdfXRef,
PdfObjectStreamParserObject, many in PdfEncrypt.h and that yours
PdfXRefStreamParserObject.

Strictly speaking, (even I do not know why there is PODOFO_API and
PODOFO_DOC_API, when both are defined to the same value) PdfTTFWriter
uses PODOFO_API, but it should use PODOFO_DOC_API instead, because it
resides in src/doc/, not in src/base/.

I mean I'd be fine with the proposed change and if nobody has any
objection (and I'll not lost track of this), I'll do the change within
few days.
        Bye,
        zyx