Hmm, actually the test PDF file I made have two pages - one in portrait
mode and one in landscape. 33 kb in total. Merged into a new single page
PDF this becomes 66 kb, which is of course not good. Seems like I copy over
redundant stuff using my simple approach. I guess I have to look into your
example from first response. Damn :)

/Jacob