On Mon, 2019-02-18 at 15:02 +0100, Jacob Pedersen wrote:
> I got it working now, however I'm not sure which constructor you
> refer to

        Hi,
I refer to the public API:
https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/HEAD/tree/podofo/trunk/src/doc/PdfXObject.h#l90

> or how this can make the code simpler.

and see what it does in the background:
https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/HEAD/tree/podofo/trunk/src/doc/PdfXObject.cpp#l164
Thus basically avoid the FillXObjectFromExistingPage() call in your
code and replace it with the predefined constructor, which does more
things that your code (I suppose it does those things for good, but I
do not know it for sure).

> For reference this works pretty good with text-only test file (grows
> just 1 kb), however a file with images it grows from 109 to 117 kb,
> so still room for improvement perhaps?

No idea, it may depend on the actual PDF content, but I doubt there is
anybody willing to dive into it, or at least I'm not for sure. I'm
sorry.
        Bye,
        zyx