On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 at 19:05, zyx <z...@gmx.us> wrote:
> but I understood you'd like my opinion
> on the matter too, I guess because I help with the pending patches
> (eeks, I track several patches on this mailing list to be
> "reviewed"/committed)

That's very helpful maintenance work that will always be welcome. I
still don't know if I will be able to do patches review in a timely
manner, we'll see. As I explained several times I am more into active
development with my priorities.

> > 1) PoDoFo project should be split in two different subprojects,
> While I understand your reason behind this, I'd rather not split it.

I understand your point. But I state that I'm not currently
unavailable to port PoDoFo tools to the new API, also because I don't
use them so I would not be the right person to test if they still work
or not. Also there's a licensing problem: tools (and tests) are GPL.
This basically makes sourcing code from them into the library
impossible, even if may possibly make sense. I'm very uncomfortable
with this: if tools are in the same repository they should be the same
license of the library, to not create such problems. Please also have
a look to my proposal to relicense PoDoFo to (slightly) more
permissive terms[1].

> My personal preference would be GitLab, but it's
> really just the personal preference, because I work with it more.

I think GitLab is a very good platforms too, but I also think that
GitHub will give us a little bit more visibility, which is also
important for an undermanned project like PoDoFo.

> Sure, it's just about the web page, which can stay on the Source Forge,
> together with the mailing list.

Sure.

> Again, this is only my personal opinion. As you can see, your proposal
> sounds good to me.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Francesco