On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 at 11:25, zyx <z...@gmx.us> wrote:
> For a simplicity of the project
> maintenance it still makes sense to keep them together, from my point
> of view [...] Knowing that the tools
> can be compiled when the core library API changes is an essential
> thing, which can be achieved for free, just by keeping them in the same
> code base.

Actually I agree with your point about simplicity. If people are more
comfortable to know that tools can just be compiled with the new API
of course I may evaluate do a last effort to port them, so they can
still reside in the same repository. After a quick fly by, most are
trivial, with the exceptions of podofosign and podofoimpose. It's a
mechanical work and obviously at this time I know the API better. If I
do the port work, I will not resist to normalize the coding style and
reduce the use of C style programming as well ;) .

Please understand that after the port I would still need to "recruit"
people to ensure they actually work as intended. In short words: they
need a maintainer who cares about them.

Cheers,
Francesco