On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:52:08AM -0700, Erick Calder wrote:
> Bart,
>
> the session you are creating needs an alias set to "try" since you're
> telling the ftp client to use "try" to send its events...
>
> you can do it like this:
>
> sub start {
>       $_[KERNEL]->alias_set("try");
>       print "*** test\n";
>       }
>
> dngnand was going to add an arg to the session create function so you could
> name it at creation time... but I don't know if that's released yet.

It's not.  I'm restructuring POE::Kernel and the event loop bridges
right now.  Things should be a little cleaner when I'm done, and
unfortunately temporarily slower.

If you've been following efnet #poe, there is some interest in
implementing XS counterparts for parts of POE.  My current work should
make things easier for them.

-- Rocco Caputo / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / poe.perl.org / poe.sf.net