Rocco or anyone else willing to help,

I also tried your nmake suggestion (without success).

Downloaded nmake15.exe from http://poe.perl.org/?Hot_to_use_wincvs_to_get_poe
and executed it to extract the two files.  My first surprise was that instead
of the promised help file I got an nmake.err file, but I didn't think this
would stop me.  Then I extracted the tar.gz file in a directory and ran its
makefile.pl.  I got one "Failed" message on Filter::util::call saying that
"needs 1.04".  I wasn't sure where to get that one from, but continued hoping
that the rest would install.  Could you please tell me what to do about this
message?

After this I got all kinds of errors from nmake about connecting to the URLs,
probably because I am behind a firewall.  (I had the same problem with the POE.ppd
file, but overcame it by editing the pointer in the POE.ppd file to the
files that I downloaded with my browser.)  This, however, seems to be more
involved, so I wonder whether there is a better way of doing it?  I will
also try it from home tonight where I don't have a proxy.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks,

Arpad