  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 12:16 PM
  Subject: Re: POE useragent and https

  > Has anyone gotten POE::Component::Client::UserAgent to work with
  > SSL/HTTPS pages? I've disabled nonblocking, and Net::SSL is being
  > used, but I still get a failure after a few bytes are read. Is there
  > anything else I can do, or am I out of luck?

  I was trying to make it work with HTTPS, and after a few rounds
  gave up on it. If turning non-blocking connects off does not help,
  fork a process and run LWP or LWP::PUA in it. Or try PoCoCl::HTTP.

  There may be a different way to create or handle sockets that
  could improve things a bit, but otherwise I don't think it's an LWP
  or LWP::PUA or PoCoCl::UA problem. The underlying SSL libraries
  just don't like non-blocking sockets at all. You can try filing bugs
  against them.

  But the other thing is, the way LWP and LWP::PUA are designed it's
  pretty much impossible to make them truly POE-friendly. For
  example, an FTP request will block for the entire duration of the
  connection establishment phase. So a future version of PoCoCl::UA
  should do away with the LWP dependency entirely.

  -- Kirill
  Email sent using AnyEmail (http://netbula.com/anyemail/)