Rocco Caputo wrote:
The heavy development discussions may be scaring people off.  Is it
time to split the list into development and questions tracks?

Proposed options (revise and amend as necessary):

1. No. It's too early to tell.

This would be my suggestion.

2. Yes.

   a. Move the help/questions to some other list.  Perhaps
      poe-questions.

   b. Move the development/design discussions to some other list.
      Perhaps poe-dev.

   c. Split into two separate lists and retire the base one.  Perhaps
      poe-dev and poe-questions.

As you stated, dead lists are a pain.

Of the options so far, my preference is 1.  Forking the list into
multiple tracks is easy, but deprecating dead ones is hard.

I think option 2c sucks mightily, but I wanted to present it for
completeness.  Ideas that I post are not automatically good.

As im new to this list, i scanned the first 1000 or so headers trying to make myself a psuedo-Doc of POE. In that scanning i didnt find the topics to be too heavily swayed in 1 direction (or perhaps they were all swayed one way! :). In either case, i'de say stick with this until theres a bigger reason to change.