From my own experience using ithreads versus POE with Wheel::Run and without Wheel::Run with similar scripts that slam a server for requests with a uniprocessor machine, there isn't much difference other than POE provides a framework and some pretty slick pre-built components from the community that make very trivial work of writing load testers.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I guess we need to know what kind of hardware the tester will be running on to really tell you which will be better.

nick

Corey Goldberg wrote:
POE can fork, look at the POE::Wheel::Run module or POE::Component::Child. These modules can do forking and management of those children.

Thanks for the reply. But I am looking for the "exclusive or" ;) Either using forks (outside of POE), or using POE and making use of the event loop (without forking)

-Corey

 Corey Goldberg
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]