On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 08:43:31AM -0600, Chris Fedde wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:38:47 -0700  "Erick Calder" wrote:
>  +------------------
>  | > POE::Component::Base
>  | I love it.  and now that we're talking about this, could we shorten the base
>  | name?  I have components like POE::Component::Player::Mp3 - which is
>  | entirely too long!  Could we at least do POE::Co?
>  +------------------
>
> Is there anything that requires components to live in the POE::
> name space?  Maybe we can just call the new base class PoCo to
> disambiguate it from the legacy components that do not adhear to
> this convention.

There's no requirement that they exist in POE::.  For example,
Term::Visual lives somewhere entirely different.

One drawback, however, is you can't then use

  use POE qw(Component::Server::TCP Component::Client::DNS);

The savings from a shorter base namespace may make that moot.

--
Rocco Caputo - http://poe.perl.org/