On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:35:36 -0400  Rocco Caputo wrote:
 +------------------
 | So, is it worth it?  Does anyone have other reasons for or against it?
 +------------------

OK.  Let me see if I have the state of this discussion:

- Namespace issues seem to be of some interest.
    PoCo vs POE::Server/Client vs POEx vs POX

- No consensus on instantiator name.
    spawn, create, new, other?

- No consensus on 'Wheel-like' vs 'Session-like' like vs 'write-these-handlers'
    vs POE::Compoment::Server::SMTP like.
    You're a creative lot.  I suspect that there are other interface
    catagories too.

- Some people think that a base class that provides some infrastructure
    would be a good idea. But no one has assertted what that would look
    like.

- No clear statement for needs yet:
    What do programmers want from a POE component?
    Why would a consistant interface to POE::Compoents be a good thing?
    Are we trying to lump things that are different into the same bucket?

Did I get most of it?

--
    Chris Fedde