On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:45:46PM -0500, sungo wrote:
> On (02/27 19:57), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Ideally, 5.004 compatibility will be dropped after the new POE test suite
> > is developed.  This will make back-porting features that much easier.
>
> sounds like a decent requirement.
>
> this means you need an sf.net account so you can get cvs rights if
> you're actually going to be the maintainer :) thanks for volunteering :)

I've added the pre-5.6.2 deprecation to POE's RT queue (at
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7961 ).  It's currently
waiting for documentation to be rewritten and test reforms to be
completed.

The deprecation itself has been added as a prerequisite for a 1.0
release.  The 1.0 release ticket:
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7962 .

More tasks will probably be added to the 1.00 release as time goes on
and new requirements surface.  The easiest way to avoid that is to get
the existing requirements out of the way before things come up.
Anybody want to expedite 1.0 by contributing a test program or some
documentation?  There's plenty to go around...

--
Rocco Caputo - http://poe.perl.org/