On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 02:16:29PM -0700, Milscvaer wrote:
> I am working on writing a POE::Loop interface to
> Event::Lib, however, how and where does POE load the
> Loop interfaces, and how do we tell POE what Loop
> interface to load. I can't figure it out, it doesnt
> seem to be in the documentation.

You can't find the documentation because it doesn't exist.  You should
be working with POE from cvs, which has changes specifically to make
the following advice work:

Your POE::Loop module should be named POE::Loop::Event-Lib.  It should
be in your @INC path.

That's it.  POE::Kernel will detect Event::Lib in %INC and try to load
POE::Loop::Event-Lib.  The code is in a BEGIN block in POE::Kernel,
around line 406:

  # Adapt POE::Kernel's personality to whichever event loop is present.

  BEGIN {
    my $used_first;
    local $SIG{__DIE__} = "DEFAULT";

    ...;