Hi

I thought that I'd write a program using Curses. Having not touched this
toolkit in maybe 20 years, I thought that it had developed considerably. But
I'm wrong, it's not something I'd let users use.
Then there's a toolkit called Term::Visual. I don't know if it will look
better; could someone point me to a screenshot of an application using this?

I believe that POE works well with Tk. But I've always hated Tk for its
sluggish interface. Maybe it is better now?

Then I looked at POE's home page. Listed here are Qt, Gtk and Gtk2.

Qt is listed in the layout for a book. Seems that it doesn't exist (yet).
Gtk works. But is it a good idea to start a Gtk-program when there's Gtk2?
Gtk2 is listed as working. The test program didn't work on my computer though.

Recently Wx has been mentioned on this mailing list. So there are many
options, but none seem to be the right one.

Which UI toolkit would you use if you should begin a program today?

Nordre Fasanvej 12         Ãben 12.00-18.00        Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2000 Frederiksberg        LÃrdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk