I don't see any resource limiting there. In fact LaDBI doesn't even support
any to my knowledge, you have to do it yourself. Obviously nothing is
stopping the sessions you are creating from trying to open too many
connections. You're just creating 300 sessions and indescriminantly asking
LaDBI to open a connection for each one.

Additionally: Your _start states post, which means they return before they
start doing what they are supposed to. This is one of the points of
programming in POE, and I'm not sure if you understand that, but you're
calling _start 300 times before you're getting a chance for _stop to happen
once, so I don't know what makes you think that there would be less than 300
connections being attempted at once.

Since that's exactly what you're telling POE and LaDBI to do:

create 300 sessions
wait for connections.

- Scott