Hi,

I'm writting device driver for home automation system. I have 2 TCP
connections to upper level of home automation program (www.plutohome.com)
and serial connection to lower level HW home automation system...
Some needed features :
1. all interfaces should only do something when message is received
2. they should communicate with each other
3. some sort of watchdog control of all processes would be fine....
4. rs232 interface is communicating with binary protocol, where message
length is variable, but specified in header
5. to organize in such way, that tasks can be monitored and restarted if
necessary....

I'm reading message archives on POE stuff, but do get confused cause there
are a lot of options of doing some things, also some older posts maybe
implement some older ways of doing it....

I'd kindly ask if anyone more experienced can give some advice where to
start to get as clean as possible skeleton for such application, so they
block and eat cpu as low as possible and also have convenient way of
communicating each other...

I know I should probably read a lot of docs to get started, but I'm more of
a example learner that digs into docs after some simple working example....

Thanks in advance,

Rob.