The sockets aren't completely open, they are in the CLOSE_WAIT state, so
Firefox may have closed the socket on the remote side (and sent a FIN),
but the local application has yet to close the socket.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rocco Caputo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 9:26 PM
To: POE List
Subject: Re: POE::Component::Server::HTTP, Keep alive, and leaking
sockets

Something doesn't add up.  Maybe I'm missing a pertinent fact.

On one hand, if sockets are being kept alive between requests, why is
Firefox opening a new socket for each request?

On the other hand, if Firefox is opening a new socket for each
request, why isn't it closing the old ones?

Why isn't Firefox also running out of file descriptors, if it's
opening new sockets without closing old ones?

--
Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Mar 21, 2007, at 15:50, Eric Busto wrote:

> Firefox seems to keep them alive as well.  Unfortunately, since the
> app
> I am writing uses a meta refresh every few seconds to have the browser
> reload it, a browser left up overnight will easily cause the app to
> run
> out of file descriptors.

contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by