Folks-

You can check out the following link to see how I've been educated on this
issue so far, but I'm having trouble engineering a solution. I hope to be able
to put this solution into the cookbook, once it's been reviewed by all
interested parties.

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=813252

Shows my initial question, the two answers I got, and my first failed attempt
at a solution.

Here is a quick summary:

I'm using POE to fire off a series of processes that tail remote logfiles via
ssh.

The child processes try the remote commands, expecting the ssh public/private
keys to already be setup between the two machines. If not, the child knows how
to go ahead and set them up for the user - however it needs to get a password
from the user for the setup to work.

The parent process is running the Tk mainwindow for the GUI interface with the
user.

The two suggested solutions are:
1.)     Run independent Tk event loops from the children
2.)     Have the children request the parent to get this information.

I'm currently trying to follow solution #2, but can't seem to get it to work.
Any thoughts, pointers, suggestions, etc, are appreciated.

Thanks

-Craig

PS - My code is available from the above link