> Baaah cop out... look at HSSF docs, is there anything in it that is
> obsolete, blanketly untrue?  If we were to cut 1.5 today and you
> downloaded it as a complete newbie to HSSF with medocre to average Java
> skills would you be able to use it?  Use that as your guide and when
> you're done sign off on the bug for hssf's docs.

Well that's why I wrote the quick start guide.  So you could easily match
what it was you were wanting to do with a small snippet of code that does
it.

I take your point about checking the rest of the documentation.  I'm looking
into it.

I'm not sure why not completing the release checklist is a cop out since I
haven't done a release before how am I supposed to know how or where to
upload this distribution to or the many other little things that are
necessary to do a distribution.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis  (TriNexus Pty Ltd)
+63 3 9753-6850     0402 835 458
ICQ:  62722370    EMail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]