Cami Sardinha wrote:
> Benny Pedersen wrote:
>
>> On Mon, October 8, 2007 08:29, Cami Sardinha wrote:
>> if you have to do it
>>
>> do
>> {
>> } while count(bar() > 100000)
>>

>> did you not learn comal in school ?
>>

> No.
>
> Cami

Just for the record, I didn't actually look at the source code before I
responded to Nate's comments about the supposed 100,000 message limit.
My apologies for jumping the gun.   I do, however, agree with Benny that
"goto" statements should be avoided in any C-like code.

As to the choice of 100,000 as  the query limit, I would think this
would be machine- and database-dependent to some extent, and still think
it might be a good idea to at least allow the system administrator to
respecify it (but leave the default where it is).  Is 100,000 something
that was determined empirically?

Back to the topic of whitelisting, instead of running mailscanner and
mailwatch, I would think one could do some
pretty simple grep, awk and sort operations on recent maillog files and
come up with some basic stats on the
primary sender domains/hosts and use that as a basis for updating the
whitelist table.