On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 12:35:45AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Does any one have experience with Senderbase data? What other values could
> > be useful for scoring?
> >
> > When I look at Senderbase (for example:
> > http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queries/detailip?search_string=24.216.190.165)
> >  then I see that they
> > calculate a "Vol Change vs. Last Month" per IP. How is that done? Does any
> > one
> > know that (I can't find the values for "Last Month" in the result from
> > Senderbase)?
> >
> > I think it would be great to include Senderbase into policyd-weight since
> > it is basically one DNS lookup with a lot of possible scoring values
> > (IronPort uses 60 calculations for scoring with their product).
> >
> Sorry. IronPort uses 120 calculations:
> http://www.ironport.com/pdf/ironport_senderbase_reputationscore_overview.pdf
>

> > The
> > Net::SenderBase module could be avoided by directly querying the TXT record
> >  at
> > senderbase.org and policyd-weight already has DNS lookup functionality. On
> > the
> > other hand Net::SenderBase has a nice way to query data over HTTP if needed.
> >
> > What is your opinion on this? Could that be useful for us policyd-weight
> > users?

Below a link for a inofficial devel version with senderbase queries, I didn't
even come to the point to implement scoring for senderbase, because the
debugging and test queries already proved - the data is not
useable/weightable.

I do not provide docu on that part.

http://www.policyd-weight.org/policyd-weight-devel-0.1.15

--