----- Original Message -----

*From:* Bob <[email protected]>

*Sent:* Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:51 PM

*Subject:* What will you do?



I wish I could write like this. In one hundred years, I could not come up
with a better statement about how we should all feel about the constitution
and the subject of gun control. If the constitution is violated here, it
will be over for all our freedoms. This is a place where "We the People"
need to draw a line and it starts with one person at a time.



This is a rather long read.  I dare you to read a few paragraphs and not
read the rest. People are getting very serious about this problem.



Bob



*Dean Garrison (born 1955) is a contemporary American author and crime
fiction novelist. He was born in Michigan , grew up in the Indiana ,
Illinois , and Texas , and received his B.A. degree from Ferris State
University in Big Rapids, Michigan . Garrison is a Crime Scene Technician
in West Michigan . His research in the fields of crime scene investigation
and Shooting Reconstruction are widely published in forensic journals under
the name "D.H. Garrison, Jr."*




*If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?*

































































*I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a
little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against
our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny
Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The
reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t
think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of
American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns
if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for
this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent
bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your
constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with
those rights. About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a
discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been
conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has
been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that
the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar
to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic
elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within
the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans
want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no
right to call for a violation of constitutional rights. If you are
religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of
your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they
have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth.
It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it. Did I just compare
our founders to God? In a way I did, but please note that I am not trying
to insult anyone. For the purpose of the American Government our
constitution and founders who wrote it are much like God is to believers.
It is the law. It is indisputable. Our founders did not want a “democracy”
for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy. The
founders were highly educated people who were experienced in defending
themselves against tyranny. They understood that the constitution could
protect the people by limiting the power of anyone to work outside of it
much better than a pure system of popularity. A system of checks and
balances was set up to help limit corruption of government and also the
potential for an “immoral majority” developing within the American People.
We have forgotten in this country that we are ultimately ruled by a
constitution. Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a
monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it
answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can.Democracy is two
wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed
lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin Even 230+ years ago our
founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous
form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become
just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout
history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can
become corrupt. I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of whatFranklin was
trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain
ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just
because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not
mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights. Next I’
would like to review the text of the second amendment. It is very clear.
This is the law of this land. So when Senator Feinstein or President Obama
talk about taking your guns, you need to think about something. Are they
honoring their sworn oath to uphold the constitution? "A well regulated
Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State , the right of the
people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".This is a pretty
clear statement. The fact is that it took 232 years for the Supreme Court
to even rule on this amendment because it has never been successfully
challenged. In 2008 a case of Columbia v. Heller the Supreme Court ruled
that a handgun ban in Washington D.C. was unconstitutional. One also has to
take this into consideration. The Supreme Court supports your right to own
guns. If you want to research this decision further you can start here. For
those who try to debate the spirit of the 2nd amendment, they are truly no
different from people who will try to take Biblical quotes out of context
to try to support their immoral decisions. The founders were very clear on
the intent of the 2nd amendment. Let me share a few quick quotes here: The
strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
-Thomas JeffersonFirearms stand next in importance to the Constitution
itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under
independence … "From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day,
events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security
and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the
very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they
deserve a place of honor with all that is good". -George Washington The
Constitution shall never be construed "….to prevent the people of the
United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms".
-Samuel AdamsI could find hundreds of quotes like these. This country was
built on the right to bear arms. It was built on the rights of an
individual to bear arms, regardless of what his government or neighbor
happened to think. This is crystal clear. Ironically the people who voice
their opinions against this right have their free speech protected by your
guns. Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and
void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement. We
need to keep this in mind as our “representatives” try to push gun bans. I
don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from
the case), it is a violation of our constitutional rights, plain and
simple. A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual
even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only
person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be
within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and
possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only
true American among us. Our framers were very clear on this. If my
government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my
constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment.It is not my
right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of
liberty. What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft
sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am
going to say it. The time for speaking in code is over. If they come for
our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under.
You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries
to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking
about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson’s quote. He talks about a
“last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about
self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options
exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think
about that, but please understand that a majority cannot take away your
rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.
Congress could pass gun ban legislation by a 90%+ margin and it just would
not matter. I think some people are very unclear on this. This is the
reason we have a Supreme Court, and though I do not doubt that the Supreme
Court can also become corrupt, in 2008 they got it right. They supported
the constitution. It does not matter what the majority supports because
America is not a democracy. A constitutional republic protects the rights
of every single citizen, no matter what their “elected servants” say. A
majority in America only matters when the constitution is not in play. I
just wrote what every believer in the constitution wants to say, and what
every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is
that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive,
and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the
truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your
guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You
are protected by our constitution. Most of the articles I am reading on the
subject are trying to give you clues without just coming out and saying it.
I understand that because certain things in this country will get you on a
list that you don’t want to be on. I may well be on that list. This blog is
small and growing so I may not be there yet, but I have dreams. I also have
my own list of subversives and anyone who attempts to deny my
constitutional rights is on that list. I am not the “subversive” here, it
is the political representatives who are threatening to take away my
inalienable rights. If they come to take my guns and I leave a few of them
wounded or dead, and I somehow survive, I have zero doubt that I will spend
a long time in prison and may face an execution. But I would much rather be
a political prisoner than a slave. If I go down fighting then I was not
fighting to harm these human beings. I was simply defending my liberty and
yours. It is self-defense and it is what our country was built on. We won
our freedom in self-defense. We would not be ruled by a tyrannical
government in the 1770s and we will not be ruled in 2012 by a tyrannical
government. There is no difference. This is a case of right and wrong. As
of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein
or Barack Husan have a problem with the constitution then they should be
removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they
have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They
would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the
founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated
egos. I am not writing this to incite people. I am writing this in hopes
that somehow I can make a tiny difference. I have no idea how many of my
neighbors have the will to defend their constitutional rights. 2%? 20%? I
am afraid that 20% is a high number, unfortunately. When push comes to
shove many people may give up and submit to being ruled. I believe that our
government is banking on this. I would hope that our officials come to
realize that, regardless of our numbers, we still exist because they are
calling Patriotic Americans to action. They are making us decide if we want
to die free or submit to their rule. I cannot tell you where you should
stand on that. I do know that it may make the difference between living a
life of freedom or slavery. You must start thinking about this because I
believe that the day is coming soon and I personally believe it has already
been planned. Not all conspiracy theories are hogwash. They may throw down
the gauntlet soon and my suggestion is that you prepare yourself to react.
I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand
that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they
that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights
to do so. For those who are in support of taking the guns, you need to ask
yourself a very important question, and I am not just talking about the
politicians, because if you support them, you have chosen your side.Are you
willing to die to take my guns? *







-- 
Bob R. O'Dell

[email protected]



__._,_.___





__,_._,___

-- 
-- 
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/  
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls. 
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to