Oops, the pipeline in Pollen became fuzzy in my memory when I read your
question. You're right. That doesn't work, because we can only do queries
on post-processed document[1].

(However, this idea can be applied to warn an undefined tag in editor!)

[1] I've actually asked a similar
question: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pollenpub/tcJALa33pKU/discussion