(Please, disregard the last email, it was sent by accident.)

I think I understand what you’re proposing, now.

I believe you’re getting the “#%app: missing procedure expression” error
because of the ‘()’, which is the first argument in the ‘unordered-list’ call.

You can try to work around this issue and still use ‘eval’. For example, you
can try to redefine the ‘#%app’ form in a way that ignores ‘()’. If this
doesn’t make sense, take a look at Beautiful Racket [1]. But it feels like
fighting the system.

Maybe a better approach would be to redefine ‘bullet-list’ such that it calls
‘unordered-list’, ‘list-item’, ‘paragraph’ and so forth as functions. Or, if
‘bullet-list’ is beyond your control, try to post-process the generated txexpr
using some form of ‘decode’, for example.

More broadly, I wouldn’t say a txexpr is the end of the line. Quite the
opposite, the advantage of working with txexpr—as opposed to, for example,
strings—is precisely that they’re more convenient to handle programmatically.
The issue is just that ‘eval’ doesn’t seem to be the best way to go about doing
it.

[1]: http://beautifulracket.com
--
Leandro Facchinetti <icl...@leafac.com>