I can reproduce the issue you mention, but it has nothing to do with Pollen,
which supports Chinese just fine. The one to blame is the browser!

In the image above, I visited the same document in Safari (top) and using a
command-line program called cURL (bottom). Safari breaks the Chinese text in
the same you reported, but cURL does not. The reason is the document you
proposed does not specify which encoding
<https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2003/10/08/the-absolute-minimum-every-software-developer-absolutely-positively-must-know-about-unicode-and-character-sets-no-excuses/>
 to use when interpreting the Chinese text. In that case, the browser has to
guess: Safari guessed wrong, and cURL guessed right.

Pollen does not come with opinions regarding enconding, the author (you) has to
specify it. In HTML, use a meta tag: <meta charset="UTF-8"/>

In general, try to use the UTF-8 encoding whenever possible, as it is the most
widely supported.

Also, configure your text editor to create files using this encoding.
--
Leandro Facchinetti <icl...@leafac.com>
https://www.leafac.com