Right, I should have been more specific. When I said “Pollen does not come with
opinions regarding enconding,” I was thinking of HTTP headers, HTML meta-tags
and so forth. These are ways to instruct clients (for example, browsers) which
encoding to use, and neither Racket nor Pollen include such instructions. Of
course Racket—and, by extension, Pollen—still has to represent text internally,
and there’s no way but to rely on an encoding for that. Fortunately, they use
UTF-8, which is the de facto standard.

Idea: the Pollen development server could send an ‘Content-Encoding’ HTTP
header, to avoid issues like the one jcheng8 reported. By default, it would
send ‘UTF-8’, but this choice could be parameterizable via the ‘pollen/setup’
mechanism.

What do you think?
--
Leandro Facchinetti <icl...@leafac.com>