Jens —
  I assume you mean that when you go to
https://thenotepad.org/posts/pollen-footnotes-approach.html and print that
page in your browser, the footnotes run in with the text, correct?

Two things to note:
1.  The technique I discuss in that article is one that I'll be using on a
*different* site—it is not the technique I actually use on that page. (I
wondered/worried if that would be confusing as I was writing it.)
  1a. The footnotes *on* the page (the sidenote-style ones) don't print
well via the browser, and that's actually another point against them that I
didn't mention.
  1b. The footnotes made *with the technique discussed in* the page should
print just fine.

2.  If you wish to print out that page, I advise you to use the PDF link
(shown just under the title).

Hopefully that makes sense!