On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 1:38 PM Matthew Butterick <m...@mbtype.com> wrote:

Why doesn't it work to `provide` the hash of destinations from
> "pollen.rkt"?

 I suppose I might be able to do that, but I don't think it will solve my
overall problem. `pollen.rkt` gets loaded/computed repeatedly, once per
page, so it would lose context between pages. I would then have to
re-compute it, and/or read/write it to disk, which is what I am doing right
now, which I would like to avoid if possible.

You could use absolute links, which will always work, or ...

Absolute links? Not sure exactly what you are referring to, but I'm hoping
to make these a little bit easier to use than just typing the links out
manually, myself.

But `here-path` is always available through the `metas` of the source, and
> holds the absolute path (not converted to an output path). So you can use
> this to, for instance, compute relative links.
>
> BTW a tag function in "pollen.rkt" can access the metas of the source file
> currently being evaluated via `(current-metas)`. This is just a convenience
> so that you don't have to pass values from `metas` as an argument.

Excellent, I think this might solve it!

Of course, a string is itself an xexpr, so that will work in both contexts.
> Maybe you could give an example of something that requires different
> treatment.

That's true, I should have thought of that. I guess a string of html would
just be inserted/interpolated, without having the tags be escaped?
 Anyway, I will try that and get back to you if I still have issues. I'd
like to be able to standardize on xexprs tho.

@Joel Dueck <dueckofe...@gmail.com>,
On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 4:09 PM Joel Dueck <dueckofe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not just construct the links "blind"? For example

Well, my goal is to have these be checkable! If i rename a file, etc, and
the links go dead, i'd like to be notified. Hope that makes sense.