> On May 27, 2019, at 3:20 PM, Joel McCracken <mccracken.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  I suppose I might be able to do that, but I don't think it will solve my
> overall problem. `pollen.rkt` gets loaded/computed repeatedly, once per page,
> so it would lose context between pages. I would then have to re-compute it,
> and/or read/write it to disk, which is what I am doing right now, which I
> would like to avoid if possible.

I'm still not clear why you need to introduce global state. Didn't you say the
alias names are embedded in the source files as `meta` values? So why not just
have "pollen.rkt" generate the alias table every time it runs? (You can read
the `metas` of a Pollen source without rendering the file, or even the `doc`,
for that matter.)