Nick reach Kat to Julia hoping that she could put her somewhere safe as Nick grabbed something from beside him that so happened to be a lead bar.

"Remember earlier demon breath? Want another taste?" Nick said holding the shovel ready to strike at any moment.
 
Julia took Kat as gently as possible, knowing the girl was scared, and turned Kat's face to look right in her eyes instead of at Mitchell "Listen to me Kat and do exactly what I tell you okay? We have to do it this way so we can save the others.  Promise me you'll do what I say.  I'll explain it all when we're finished here okay?"
 
She stroked Kat's cheeks, her blue eyes pleading that Kat do as she was told without question or hesitation.  Julia couldn't let anything happen to her or to Nick or the others.
 
"I love Nick, you and the others." she said, looking over her shoulder as Nick got ready to take the demon on, one on one "And I'd never hurt you.  Remember that okay?"
 
She turned Kat toward the stairs beside them, that led up to the next landing "Go and hide.  Don't come out until I call you.
 
Then Julia stood, sword in hand and getting a good balance for it - right before Mitchell sent Nick flying.
 
"Nick!!" she whirled toward him.
 
Mitchell saw Kat running and started toward her, ignoring Nick for the moment -- only to come to an almost skidding halt as he almost ran into the tip of the sword Julia held out, having swung in a complete circle and now glaring at Mitchel with cold rage.
 
"Don't lose your head, Mitchell.  You aren't getting your hands on Kat."
 

Reply via email to