Then to the girl sitting beside Nick "You must be Kat.  You mom's asked
Julia and Nick to take are of you while she's sleeping, if that's alright
with you.  We can sneak in after we're finished checking out Mister Boyle
here and go tell her goodnight if you'd like.  I get kissed goodnight all
the time by my daughter when I'm asleep and she thinks I don't know."

This last part was said so that Kat wouldn't feel too let down by not making
it to Rachel before the drugs kicked in and he looked at the adults to make
sure the arrangements were all right with all involved.

"Okay," kat agreed, but she'd rather say goodnight when her mother was
really awake.  She looked back at Nick and Julia, "Tuffy's home all alone
and I bet he's pretty scared," she added thoughtfully.  "After I say
goodnight to my mom, we should got check on him."

Kat


Reply via email to