Julia grinned as she put the cupcakes away.  That Kat had thought about her enough to plan a surprise like this was touching.
 
She went back into the livingroom while the others were busy upstairs and cleaned up so that Fredrick wouldn't be bothered.
 
Just as she thought this the man walked in and clicked his tongue and started getting plates from her "Leave that to me, Miss Wal -- or shall I get used to saying Mrs. Boyle?"
 
He looked at the ring on her left hand (made a booboo the other day, Legacy ring is on the opposite hand) and smiled before he nodded and, in his usual out spoken manner, put his own two cents in "Good that the boy has his head about him."
 
Julia chuckled and picked up the remainder of the dishes and followed him to the kitchen, ignoring his protests that he could get it himself.
 
"Nick's always had a good head on his shoulders," she replied as she put the dishes in the sink as Fredrick shoo'd her back from starting the dish water "Cute one too.  And how about getting used to calling me Julia?"
 
"Wouldn't know about that.. Julia.  But I do know he's back to his old self now and it's a relief to the lot of us that help with the House.  We thought..."
 
She leaned against the counter, curious "Thought what?"
 
"Well, I know.. that you all deal with things that most don't know about.  And I try to turn a blind eye to it for the most part as it is secret work and all." he admitted "But I know you were truly dead, not the missing in action story that I and others are now circulating around, returned to us after a long healing and getting your identity back kind of thing."
 
Julia listened without comment, having already suspected that with a person working as closely as Freddrick had that keeping things secret was near impossible.  It was one of the reasons she had elected him from the numerous people that had filed for the position -- Fredrick was one of two people that was still on staff from before Ireland in fact.
 
"But when they locked themselves in the library... I was worried something awful that they had finally lost it and all hope.  I'm glad I was wrong though."
 
Julia smiled at that "So am I."
 
He smiled in return and nodded to the doorway "You go on now.. Julia.  You have at least one person waiting for you most like and I think Miss Kat would like some special attention what with everything that's happened today."
 
She nodded and surprised the older man by kissing him on the cheek.
 
"Good night Freddrick.  Sleep well."
 
He watched her go and turned back to finishing the cleaning, a grandfatherly grin on his face "That I will."
 
 
 
http://www.access-eworld.com/poltergeist_legacy/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.."
"Madness takes its toll.. have exact change"

Reply via email to