"Oh, but I did get to give Julia her surprise," Kat said suddenly.  "They
were here when we got home and I saved you some too.  It was so funny, she
screamed a little at first and scared everybody!  Oh and Derek said some
weird stuff, he was acting kind of finny.  I want to come see you both
times, okay?  And I'll bring Tuffy so we can go home."

Rachel laughed at that, adding "I wish I could have seen that.  How did you
sleep last night... Tuffy wasn't scared was he?"

She had been worried about that, although she knew someone would have tried
their best to comfort Kat.  She half suspected her daughter had hopped into
bed with either Alex or Julia and Nick.  And Kat sounded like she was okay -
she was even animated about the surprise she had pulled on Julia.

A good sign and so much the sign of a child.  Bounce back faster than most
adults about things.

"And what do you plan on doing until you come get your mom out of this
joint, hmm?"

Reply via email to