Kat groaned and climbed back up on her stool where she began to move food around on her plate a little irritably.  Lunch was hours and hours away!  Mothers just didn't understand.  Not to mention that Rachel didn't even have the Sight, but she always knew stuff, that was just spooky!
 
Julia couldn't help but smile at Kat's reaction.  She remembered a time or two feeling that way herself.  Okay more than a time or two, but still.
 
"Well," she leaned her shoulder against the wall, looking at the clock "We did get up kind of late.. it's after nine now... by the time we finish cleaning up from eating, get the others up and get dressed it'll be near 11....couldn't we have a cupcake then? After we do all that stuff."
 
Rachel laughed "Julia, that girl already has you wrapped around her pinky.  You and Nick... okay okay, she can have it after your done with all of the things you have to do.  And Kat mentioned you were whisking her away to go help you with something?"
 
Julia looked at Kat and grinned, winking to let her know she talked Rachel into it and then answered Rachel "Yup, we're going to go shopping for some things we'll be needing real soon."
 
"Like?"
 
"Ooh..." Julia drawled, twirling the telephone line around her index finger and looking at the ring Nick gave her and smiling "Matching circles and such."
 
She looked over and winked at Nick.
 
"Aah." Rachel chuckled "Do I get to drill you when you get here about details?"
 
"Mm-maybe."
 
Rachel chuckled, just when a nurse came in and informed her it was time for one of the scheduled check ups "Well, I'm being paged.  I'll see you all soon and have fun.  I'll see what I can do when I'm out of here."
 
"Okay, take care and we'll be by soon." Julia said before hanging up and stretching.
 
"One cupcake after we finish everything.  That was her agreement." Julia relayed the deal to Kat with a mischievous grin "Soooo... you go wake up everyone, we'll ge the dishes cleaned, get dressed and be done in twenty minutes or less and Nick will be just making the coffee!"
 
With that and laughing back as she went she ran toward the stairs "I'll beat you!"

 
 
 
http://www.access-eworld.com/poltergeist_legacy/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.."
"Madness takes its toll.. have exact change"

Reply via email to