> Derek stood "In that case we'll go get a room ready for you.  Go ahead and
> begin the preparations and we'll meet back here in an hour and begin
getting
> ready for the gala in earnest.  Alex?"
>
> "And welcome to San Francisco, Miz Sherridan."  he said before leaving,
> walking with Alex.
>
> They left her in the sitting room to begin the phone calls and Derek
nodded
> for Alex to go with him upstairs, at the same time explaining why he had
let
> the woman stay "Keep your friends close and enemies closer.. and people
you
> are unsure of within shouting distance."
>
> The House was equipped with the best in security on and off the market and
> it would be easier to keep track of the mysterious young lady here than
> anywhere else.
>
> He approached the Control Room and stood, letting the laser scan and run
its
> security check on his retinal pattern before entering.  Once there he
picked
> up the phone and called in-house to Fredrick to alert him to the need for
a
> guest room to be readied.  Then he hung up with a distracted thank you and
> sat at a console before looking at Alex with that 'oh computers'
expression
> "I think I want to know more about our guest.  Especially considering the
> part played by our last one in what happened here."
>
Alex nodded and sat down beside him.  "I'll be happy to see what I can find,
but to be honst I'm exactly thrilled with having her within shouting
distance.  Something tells me, she'll be shouting for us everytime we turn
around.  And what is this obsession she has with Nick?"  She sighed, perhaps
it was just recent events putting her on edge.  "I say we take off for the
wedding without notifying her.  I can see her trying to invite herself."

Alex

Reply via email to