> "I'll see what I can do, but we all know how successful I was with
> Mitchell," Alex told Derek.  She began pulling up files, doing every
> conceivable search.  Like Mitchell, she found an exemplary(sp?  it's VERY
> EARLY) record of service int he Egypt house.  Unlike Mitchel, every move
> she'd made was trackable.  No one ever lost touch with her and the people
in
> her house
> seemed aware of where she had gone.  She sighed in frustration.  "No
warning
> signs that I can find," she told him.  "At least not yet.  I can run her
> prints."  She hurried downstairs and retrieved the phone the woman had
been
> using.  The prints said that she was who she claimed to be.
Spectrographic
> analysis showed, they were human, no traces of anything unusual.
>
>
> "On the contrary," Derek corrected her, waiting for Sloan (this is the new
> guy's cue to PICK UP :) and role play with us fellow Polt addicts!) to
> answer the call "You are the one that found gaps in his time and both you
> and Julia had refused to stop looking.  Most would have just given up and
> said to hell with it."  his lips quirked at the too close annogram of the
> situation that literally happened "Pun not intended but fully realized."
>
> Then he frowned thoughtfully "Where is Miss Sherridan now?"
>
> He called up the security cameras and found where she had made the calls
and
> wrote a note on her notepad.  Ahh, buying a dress.
>
> He then turned to Alex.  She was working, yes, but considering she had as
> much right if not more than most, to enjoy the function he wondered, "Have
> you gotten your wardrobe prepared for the gala?"
>
"Well I never said I wasn't tenacious," Alex told him with a grin, then she
returned to her work. However, she turned her dark eyes back on him in
surprise when he mentions the ball.  She couldn't remember the last time
they'd had a conversation about her wardrobe and that struck her as a little
odd.  "No I haven't found anything I liked yet, but worry i've still got
plenty of time.  I didn't find what I wanted last year until the day of the
event."

Alex

Reply via email to