"Are you second-guessing the decisions of the Precept of San Francisco
House? Anya, I've known Derek for a very long time and one thing I do know
about him is that despite our disagreements, he is a man of sound judgment
when it to comes to such matters. He would *never * have any test
manipulated. Yes, sometimes The Legacy uses outside help but mosttimes all
tests are done in-house. He is a scientist who strives for the truth."
"If there's one thing I've learned from you, make that two, " Anya pointed
out, wondering why of all people William Sloan wasn't striving to take the
steps needed to both make sure the results were true and reaffirmed or
proven wrong for the others that were surely going to ask the same that Anya
was -- including the Council. No way would they take one test result and
not question or want verification on it "Is that you have had your own
moments of questioning Derek and others' findings and no one is beyond
question."