Derek held up a hand as his cell phone rang.  The number on the caller ID said it was Sloan so he dispensed with pleasantries "Here already are we?"
 
He listened for a moment and looked at Nick, his gaze clearly saying something was up.  Then he hung up from Sloan and tucked the phone back into his jacket "He's here and wants to meet.  All I want to know is, why do women think they have to know about past love affairs when it's just that, the past."
 
His tone was wry and he shook his head before half teasing Nick "What ever you're doing to make Julia happy.. share.  If I'm asked one more time about the woman that could have very well left this girl here without knowing anyone....... I'm liable to tell them where they can jump."
 
"I'll be back in a few minutes, keep your cell handy." he turned back to the topic of William Sloan "We can talk later."
 
With that he turned and left, meeting Sloan in the pre-arrainged place.  "You wanted to talk?"
 
http://thelegacy.n3.net/
http://jordanbayne.cjb.net/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.."

Reply via email to