He listened for a moment and looked at Nick, his gaze clearly saying something was up. 
 Then he hung up from Sloan and tucked the phone back into his jacket "He's here and 
wants to meet.  All I want to know is, why do women think they have to know about past 
love affairs when it's just that, the past."

His tone was wry and he shook his head before half teasing Nick "What ever you're 
doing to make Julia happy.. share.  If I'm asked one more time about the woman that 
could have very well left this girl here without knowing anyone....... I'm liable to 
tell them where they can jump."

"I'll be back in a few minutes, keep your cell handy." he turned back to the topic of 
William Sloan "We can talk later."

With that he turned and left, meeting Sloan in the pre-arrainged place.  "You wanted 
to talk?"

=====

Nick snickered at Derek's comment and watched him walk off. "I'll keep my cell with 
me...holler if you need anything."

He then began on his way to find out where and what Julia was doing.

Reply via email to