"Yeah she is pretty cute," Alex agreed having spent the morning with her,
she had noticed that herself.  She thought about Derek, Rachel was right,
that was how he was acting.  "Neither have I.  I guess this hits a little
close to home for him.  Frankly, I'm ready to tear out that woman's hair."

"I think that's what's scary.  She'll have you, Julia, Nick, me and most of
all Derek to contend with when she pops back up.  I don't envy her that's
for sure."

They made it back to the Control Room.  Philip was there this time and the
looks on either men's faces were....

"Okay," she looked at them both "What's going on?"

Derek turned to them "Her mother is no where to be found."  His expression
was masked but clear.  "What in da hell are we going to tell Alyssa...."

Rachel looked at Alex, then back at Derek.  "You're going to be honest with
her, but let her rest first.  Then I'll try speaking with her and ask Kat to
try and make friends.  Maybe once she feels comfortable with us she can
begin to see that the Gift in a child doesn't make the child crazy.  But we
have to do this as a 'let's see' basis.  For all we know the girl's mother
might turn up before naptime is over."

Derek's jaw clenched.  The woman can show up whever she liked.. but he
seriously doubted he'd let her take Alyssa out of the house.

Reply via email to