Alex managed a wry smile at her friend, but she didn't feel a bit like
smiling.  The news she had just heard was horrible and here Julia was
expecting her of all people to trust the soulchaser!  Had she not been so
stunned she might have had a few words with her friend.  But she was
stunned.  She glanced at derek's curious look and almost said taht she would
explain it ot him later, but just of though made color come to her cheeks.
If he really hadn't know what they were talking about he surely did now. She
looked away.


NM:
Julia chuckled and couldn't help but needle Derek a little "Come on admit
it.. you've played doctor before."

Derek raised an eyebrow, knowing full well what she was refering too but
deciding, especially considering it was Julia and used to her banter and one
of the few he traded them with, he replied in kind "I don't have to 'play'
it Julia.  I am a Doctor.  I have the certificates to prove it."

Julia laughed "You made a funny, Derek, I'm proud. Ow ow ... of all the
times to make me laugh.. but good one.  Ever show anyone your....
certificates?"

His gaze showed his humor but his tone was as serious as ever "Obviously I
have considering I have a daughter, wouldn't you say?"

Which brought his thoughts back to what the woman refered to as her mother
had done to her over the years and effectively ending the quick trek down
humor lane.

Julia looked at Alex, her gaze turned so that only she could see it.  'Get a
grip' it told her.

"Well, I better go check on everything and finish having breakfast with Kat
and Nick like I promised." she started to excuse herself.

"Wait." Rachel said suddenly "I'd like to meet this... Soulchaser."

Julia blinked in surprise and then shrugged.. slowly but shrugged "Sure."

Rachel was curious about him/it... on a medical level as well as the fact he
was in a house her daughter was in type way.

So they left.

Derek turned to Alex "Are you all right?"

Reply via email to