Rob Arthan wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. In fact, I didn't explain myself very
well. What I meant was that as I have had problems of the sort
linking Poly/ML programs because I used cc rather than c++, I thought
it might be better to use c++ in the documentation throughout.

I think it depends a bit on the platform. I would guess that using c++ to do the linking would make it easier to find the c++ libraries if they're in a non-standard place. The Poly/ML configure script uses autoconf/automake/libtool to sort all these things out and that's probably the most portable way of doing it. It ought to be fairly easy to copy the relevant bits from the polyml directory and adapt them as necessary.

Regards,
David