David> I'm glad it works for you.  When I tested it with Debian and
David> Ubuntu I had to install the development packages but otherwise it
David> went smoothly. I'm considering adding libffi to the poly source
David> since it's licensed under the BSD licence.

I understand the appeal of this solution, but at least on Debian it is
seriously frowned upon.  The maintainer of the Debian package would
probably have to undo it and use the pkg-config interface anyway to get
the package accepted.

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD