David,

I've done my other tests and it's working fine. I have just a couple of
observations.

1) On Mac OS (and presumably any system with clang as the C compiler), the
configure script gives a warning. (I just let this go by and nothing seems to
have gone wrong.)

checking for C compiler vendor... clang

* WARNING: Don't know the best CFLAGS for this system  *
* Use ./configure CFLAGS=... to specify your own flags *
* (otherwise, a default of CFLAGS=-O3 will be used)    *

2) The configure script doesn't complain about unrecognised options beginning
with --enable. E.g,

        configure --enable-garbage

just carries on. This fooled me when I managed to misspell
--enable-intinf-as-int.
If this is forced upon you by autoconfig, then so be it.

Many thanks for your rapid turnround with the earlier problems.
Your great work on Poly/ML is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob.