Catholic versus Protestant Bibles

Bible translations developed for Catholic use are complete Bibles.
This means that they  contain the entire canonical text identified by
Pope Damasus and the Synod of Rome (382) and the local Councils of
Hippo (393) and Carthage (397), contained in St. Jerome's Latin
Vulgate translation (420), and decreed infallibly by the Ecumenical
Council of Trent (1570). This canonical text contains the same 27 NT
Testament books which Protestant versions contain, but 46 Old
Testament books, instead of 39. These 7 books, and parts of 2 others,
are called Deuterocanonical by Catholics (2nd canon) and Apocrypha
(false writings) by Protestants, who dropped them at the time of the
Reformation. The Deuterocanonical texts are Tobias (Tobit), Judith,
Baruch, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), Wisdom, First and Second Maccabees
and parts of Esther and Daniel. Some Protestant Bibles include
the "Apocrypha" as pious reading.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/wpWolB/TM

"[M]y ministry is that of servus servorum Dei."
--Pope John Paul II (Ut Unum Sint, no. 88)

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock
I will build my church, and the powers of death
shall not prevail against it."
--Matthew 16:18
Yahoo! Groups Links