On Friday, 18 June 2010, at 10:52:22 (-0400),
Jeff Johnson wrote:

> (aside)
> Instead of a #define version, I typically us a "de facto" check
> for POPT in compatibilities. E.g. in order to use POPT 2.0
> in rpm-5.3.2 I'll likely do
>       #if defined(POPT_ARGFLAG_CALCULATOR)
>               ... this is POPT 2.0 ...
>       #else
>               ... this is NOT POPT 2.0 ...
>       #endif

I've always preferred this technique myself.  Versioning macros and
such often fail to account for things like SVN snapshots or human
error.  Always better to look for what you're actually trying to
*use*.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <m...@kainx.org>