An update.

The packages are now compiling and building fine; I'm running into issues with 
the fake install causing confusion when the software goes looking for the 
configuration files. For example:

ERROR/keactrl: keactrl configuration file doesn't exist in 
/usr/local//usr/local/share/examples/kea/keactrl.conf.

(I worked around that with the -c switch, but that's clearly not a tenable 
solution for a generally packaged bundle.)

Also:

2026-09-20 15:55:06.122 FATAL [kea-dhcp-ddns.dctl/66013.0x1113da8ec0] 
DCTL_CONFIG_FILE_LOAD_FAIL DhcpDdns reason: use of clear text TSIG 'secret' is 
NOT SECURE (/etc/kea/kea-dhcp-ddns.conf:32:17)
Service failed: Could Not load configuration file: use of clear text TSIG 
'secret' is NOT SECURE (/etc/kea/kea-dhcp-ddns.conf:32:17)
2026-09-20 15:55:06.142 ERROR [kea-dhcp4.dhcp4/13492.0xa4b57fec0] 
DHCP4_INIT_FAIL failed to initialize Kea server: configuration error using file 
'/etc/kea/kea-dhcp4.conf': 'socket-name' is invalid: invalid path specified: 
'/var/run/kea', supported path is '/usr/local/var/run/kea'

I need to look into and fix these before we can call it done (the TSIG secret 
is a configuration issue on my side that I don't have time to dig into today; 
it worked with 2.4, but clearly needs to be fixed for 3.2.)

But progress.

No diff until I'm satisfied that all of these issues are resolved; as I've 
previously stated, I'm more than happy to supply the work-in-progress patches 
privately to anybody who wants to poke at them.

(As a side note: updating log4cplus means that the older version of kea will no 
longer run until it's downgraded. Unanticipated but obvious in hindsight.)

Cheers.

Reply via email to