On Mon, Sep 21, 2026, at 20:07, Stuart Henderson wrote: > The fact that those directories are used at all suggests that something > is wrong about how the port is using meson, because the normal ports > framework for meson already sets the directories up as needed for > OpenBSD. > > I understand wanting to fix it yourself, but you might still end up > with the right directories but done in a way which isn't really right > for ports, it would be much simpler if we can see what you have now.
Fair comment. See attached diffs. Note that I forgot to revert the revision for log4cplus back to 0. There's also a bit of hackery in the post-install to move the files from /etc to /usr/local/share/examples that may need to be revised, and a number of commented out lines that probably can just be deleted. I strongly suspect that the underlying problem with the /usr/local/etc, /usr/local/var/run, and so forth comes from the upstream meson.build - see lines 88 to 95 in the source tree (not in the ports tree). If there's any problem with the diffs, let me know and I can recreate them in whatever form is most appropriate.
kea.diff
Description: Binary data
log4cplus.diff
Description: Binary data
